Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A note from the homeowner....

"I have enjoyed 11 wonderful years in this home. I was first drawn to it because of three little words: location, location, location! For me, my home is conveniently located to my employment, church, hospital, doctor's office and shopping. I don't have to use the beltline or I-40 unless I decide to venture outside of my close circle of friends and activities.

This house has seen many holidays where my two children and five grandchildren gather each year. With the downstairs master bedroom, I have my own privacy while all guests have the run of the upstairs (2 big bedrooms) with their own bathroom.

Although family gatherings at the holidays (and in the summer I enjoy swimming and playing tennis on-site with my grandchildren) are very pleasant memories for me, one of my best memories is the ice storm in January of 2006. I was able to accommodate several of my friends overnight as we waited out the storm. They wanted to stay somewhere close to their work and my house was the perfect spot, and I still had power. We bundled up and walked to Kroger, less than 1/2 mile from my home, and picked up groceries. We had a fabulous meal and a great visit with our friends.

I hope you will enjoy this home as much as I have. I've reached the age where my children have asked me more than once if I would please consider moving to Charlotte, where they both live. Being fiercely independent, I did not want to leave Raleigh or my comfortable home. But, as time goes on, and I get a little older, it makes sense to move to Charlotte to be with my family while I am still healthy and active." -Sincerely, Christa Brians

No comments:

Post a Comment